This informative 266-page history of batteries guide dates back more than a century. Learn the origins of batteries and the first scientific types of batteries. Become familiar with the basic principles behind positive and negative poles.
While this guide provides a thorough history behind the invention of batteries and their scientific evolutionary development over the last 130 years, this information is also useful in learning how to create your own types of batteries during an emergency or crisis.
This helpful history of batteries guide will teach you the following concepts:
- Learn about electro-motive force and resistance, the internal resistance of batteries, polarized electrodes and the polarization of voltaic cells.
- Become familiar with carbon electrodes and how they are manufactured.
- Learn about zinc-iron batteries and iron-copper batteries.
- Understand the basic principles behind creating batteries without acids, including sea-salt batteries, marine batteries and zinc-iron-water batteries.
- Expand your battery repertoire and learn basic chemical battery reactions, including chloric-acid and chromic-acid batteries.
- Learn about chloride-type batteries.
Understanding the basics of battery history will allow you to put your newfound scientific knowledge to use in times of peril. If you find yourself stranded during an emergency without a substantial supply of batteries, this guide will help simplify the scientific components of battery energy and adequately explain the basic principles behind each type of battery. A definite must read for all survival enthusiasts!