Learn the basics behind using a lead-acid homemade battery desulfator, including how to charge and electrically desulfate batteries. Some of these methods can even bring old, sulfated units back into service.
Ideal for survivalists who want to live off the grid, or for those looking for solutions to long-term disaster battery preparation, this informative how-to guide provides a wealth of information on maintaining battery performance.
This guide will help teach you how to:
- Learn to use a homemade battery desulfator for use in a functioning power system;
- Understand the numerous strategies for charging and electrically desulfating batteries;
- Become familiar with the resonant frequency – a technique used in this circuit relies on a little known aspect of lead-acid batteries. They possess what is called a “resonant frequency,” at a surprisingly high frequency;
- Learn the basic principles behind battery science. What charges a battery? When breaking down this question, it will allow you to understand the fundamentals behind recharging a battery;
- Understand the advantages of electrical methods over the use of chemicals;
- Recondition a sulfated battery; and
- Appreciate the value of this device. It is especially useful for automotive batteries that sit for long periods. If you use a generator for equalization, this technique is necessary. When you live off-grid, silence is golden.
If you have a tendency to lean towards renewing your batteries’ energy, not contributing to a disposable society and seek to learn how to recharge your batteries, this informative guide is a must-read!