So you've decided that you don't want to be left in the dark if a hurricane or a tornado or other disaster hits your area. What should you know about how to pick a generator? When you get to the store, you find a bewildering variety of generators, from a small 5.5 kilowatt model for around $2,000 to a 45 kilowatt monster for $25,000 or more. How do you determine which one is right for you?
This guide will ask you the following questions to ensure that you make an informed decision about how to pick a generator that meets your needs, including:
- What are the differences between portable and stationary generators?
- Where should I put a stationary generator?
- What about a generator’s exhaust fumes?
- What size standby generator do I need?
- What is Running Wattage?
- What type of fuel should my generator run?
Knowing the answers to these questions will help you determine how to pick a generator that meets you and your family’s emergency needs. Arm yourself with knowledge before making an expensive purchase!