This step-by-step guide is an introduction go Canning 101, a resource for processing jams and jellies. You will learn:
1. How to properly wash the canning jars.
2. How to prepare two-piece canning lids.
3. Follow the instructions for making a jam or jelly recipe.
4. How to remove the jars from hot water safely.
5. How to properly fill and load the jars.
6. Proper heat requirements for safely canning.
7. How to remove the jars from the canner and time requirements.
8. How to properly and safely cool jars.
9. How to remove the ring bands from sealed jars.
10. How to properly wash jars to remove residue and proper storage techniques.
This Canning 101 introduction to jams and jellies will help you preserve your summer’s fruitful yields. Give the gift of food, as jams and jellies make excellent gifts for family and friends.