Do you ever wish you could savor the taste of orchard-fresh ripe, juicy fruit all year long? Canning is one way of preserving fruits, and it can be fun, as well as very rewarding.
Ripe, juicy cherries, peaches, pears and other fruits are some of the most delicious foods available. Canning fruit can bring a colorful touch of summer to family meals all year round.
This 19-page guide will teach you:
- The basics of getting started canning fruit.
- How to assemble the proper equipment.
- The best methods for preparing canning jars and lids.
- What types of equipment you will need to can fruit.
- What fruits are best to can?
- How should the fruit be prepared before canning?
- What are the best methods for sweetening fruit?
- How to can fruits in a pressure canner.
- What you should do if a jar fails to seal properly.
- What are the best methods for storing canned fruit?
This resource is highlighted with a detailed canning fruits guide, including how to make applesauce, can berries, cherries, crabapples, fruit puree, peaches, nectarines, plums, pears, rhubarb and canned fruit pie fillings. Learn how to can today to take advantage of the upcoming produce season.