Pickled foods add spice to meals and snacks. The skillful blending of spices, sugar and vinegar with fruits and vegetables gives crisp, firm texture and pungent, sweet-sour flavor.
Various types of pickled foods can be made depending on the ingredients used and the methods of preparation. You will learn about the four general classes:
1. Brined Pickles or Fermented Pickles
2. Fresh Pack or Quick Process Pickles
3. Fruit Pickles
You will also learn:
- What types of ingredients do I need to pickle foods?
- What type of equipment is necessary?
- How should pickled vegetables be processed?
- How can I guard against spoilage?
With excellent recipes highlighting fermented dill pickles, quick sweet pickle slices, quick fresh pack dill pickles, bread-and-butter pickles, pickled green beans, spiced green tomatoes, Vidalia onion relish, cucumber hot dog relish, watermelon rind pickles and peach pickles. With this valuable wealth of information, you will be on your way to growing a garden fit for a pickling paradise!