Learn how to grow sweet corn! Corn is one of the most popular and diverse vegetables. Many types are grown, including field corn, ornamental corn, popcorn, sweet corn, several different supersweet corns and even broomcorn. Corn may be white, yellow, bicolor and many shades of red, blue or even black.
This guide to growing sweet corn in home gardens will teach you:
- About the three main corn types.
- Did you know there are several hundred varieties of sweet and supersweet corn?
- Learn about corn seeds and how to plant corn properly.
- When should you plant corn?
- What type of plant spacing does corn require?
- Learn how if sweet corn crosses with field corn, it may lose its sweetness.
- Learn valuable weed and insect control techniques.
A detailed guide with recommended corn varieties for home gardens, both beginning gardeners and novice gardeners are surely to succeed in growing a succulent sweet corn crop. Act now and grow sweet corn in time for spring – a perfect late summer/early fall harvest!