Written by the University of George College, this valuable resource contains a detailed vegetable gardening schedule. A well-tended garden can supply you and your family with a variety of nutritious, healthful vegetables to be enjoyed fresh or preserved for later use. When space is limited, a plentiful supply of such crops as tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and okra can be grown on a few properly cared for plants.
This guide will teach you:
- How to select a site for your garden.
- How to plan your garden so that the available space is used wisely.
- Learn to use recommended cultivars for your main planting.
- Learn the valuable benefits of fertilizer and lime.
- Understand basic soil preparation methods.
- Know how to cultivate, mulch and water your garden.
- How to control insects and disease.
This resource with a vegetable gardening schedule explains when vegetables should be planted, the approximate dates to maturity, spacing and depth requirements. This easy to use resource will help you plant a fantastic spring and fall garden!