This military publication defines the roles of military units and staffs involved in planning and executing integrated military operations other than war (MOOTW) actions/missions in a possible nuclear, biological, and chemical (NBC) environment. It provides multiservice tactics, techniques, and procedures (MTTP) on the Department of Defense’s (DOD’s) role in consequence-management (CM) operations.
It serves as the foundation for developing multiservice nbc nuclear manuals and refining existing training support packages (TSPs), mission training plans (MTPs), training-center and unit exercises, and service school curricula. The TTP in this manual also supports Universal Joint Task List Tasks (UJTL) Strategic National (SN) 8.3.4, Perform Consequence Management in the Interagency Area; Strategic Theater (ST) Task 8.5.4, Coordinate Theater Consequence Management; and Operational (OP) Task 5.7.8, Coordinate Consequence Management in the Joint Operational Area.
This publication give a comprehensive overview of NBC disaster management in an instructional style. You'll discover supporting diagrams, tables and illustrations throughout the 200+ pages contained. A perfect starting point for understanding federal NBC disaster management planning.
Topics Covered Include:
- Nuclear, Biological, And Chemical Aspects Of Consequence Management
- Command And Control
- Planning Considerations
- Recovery, Transition, And Redevelopment
- Distribution Restriction
- Education And Training
- Contamination-Avoidance Tactics, Techniques, And Procedures
- Protection—Individual And Collective
- Decontamination Tactics, Techniques, And Procedures
- Department-Of-Defense Response Agencies Technical Reach-Back Capabilities
- Department-Of-Defense Installation Force-Protection Planning Consideration
- Response To Toxic Industrial-Materials Events
- Federal Response Plan For A Terrorism-Incident Response
- Federal Response-Plan Summary For Emergency Support Functions